One of the most frequently asked questions – should I get vinyl or wood replacement windows? These windows are different in style, price, and sometimes functionality. We’ll go over the main reasons you should consider a vinyl or wood window so you can make the best choice for your home.
- Vinyl windows are significantly cheaper than wood windows, but usually only come in basic styles.
- There is no maintenance for vinyl windows aside from basic cleaning, and even the rain will keep them fairly clean.
- Vinyl windows provide excellent insulation qualities and are available Energy Star rated.
Value Pick: Harvey Classic
Harvey Classic replacement windows are the most commonly used vinyl window in the region. They are energy star rated, and a great value for the price. Read our in-depth review of these windows here.
- Wood windows come in an array of styles and colors, perfect for an elegant or polished look for your home.
- There is maintenance associated with wood windows, such as painting and staining/sealing.
- Wood is an excellent insulator and energy saver, the wood windows we carry are all Energy Star rated.
Expert Pick: Andersen 400 Series Woodwright
Andersen Woodwrights are both elegant and reliable. These are premium windows yet still a great value for the money. Read our in-depth review of these windows here.
Made a decision or need some more help figuring out which window is right for you? Contact us to set up an appointment and we’ll make sure you get the best replacement windows for your home.